Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Uninstall Eblaster Key Logging Software

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tessie1957

Tessie1957

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 02:23 AM

Hi. I have been trying to uninstall eblaster, a Spector product, from my computer. I've spent more than $100 on various software which was supposed to scour my entire hard drive, but learned from my estranged husband that his girlfriend somehow still is receiving emails of all my keystrokes, IM conversations, emails sent/received, and websites visited. This software was installed on my computer more than a year ago. I have reformatted my hard drive at least 3 times to no avail, and cleaned the hard drive with the other software. I didn't use my computer for more than 1/2 year and when I moved to another state, and hooked up my internet service, this woman was tracking my computer activity THAT NIGHT! I believe this is illegal, but can't seem to find anyone who knows exactly how to prosecute this sort of thing, but my immediate problem is to get this key logging software off my computer.

This begs the question, why on earth would this woman CARE what the heck I'm doing on my computer, but that's another story.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. I don't have the freedom to use my computer. I've been advised to call the FBI and that they'll know who I should go to to take care of this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pacman123

pacman123

• Members
  • 63 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2005 - 03:38 AM

Hi Tessie take a look here.................

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...255&hl=eblaster

#3 Tessie1957

Tessie1957
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2005 - 09:02 PM

Hi Pacman, thanks ..... I DID find this info last night and have been trying unsuccessfully since then to get rid of the files ....... I can't seem to find them ...... when I reboot in Safe Mode the eblaster shortcut does not appear on my desktop ......... and when I carefully reviewed all the things HijackThis found, none of them match the 'system32/hvrcr32.dll' or 'rmashlex.dll'. This is driving me nuts.

Tess :thumbsup:

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2005 - 09:16 PM

Your best option right now is to submit a HiJack This Log for our team to review. See Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer.

Our HiJack Team are all volunteers and are very busy right now. You should receive a reply in 2-3 days. Please wait until a team member posts to your thread. Since our submitted logs are lined up by date and time, if you were to post into that topic before a team member replies, that reply would be the new date and time thus moving you backwards in the line. Once you do receive a reply things will move along quickly. If you do not receive a reply in five days post a notice here.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users