Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't update my iPod......connection problems?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 g3_ultra

g3_ultra

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

First off, I'm not very knowledgeable about iPods; my wife has one and she's had problems recently getting iTunes to work, so I'm trying to help her since I'm a little more computer savvy. I downloaded the newest version of iTunes and when I connect the iPod, I get a prompt saying there are updates available for it. So I accept the terms of use and go to download and install the updates and It goes for a minute, then I get the following message. I don't understand; I have an internet connection. Anyone know about this?

Posted Image

Edited by g3_ultra, 25 September 2010 - 07:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 g3_ultra

g3_ultra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2010 - 07:06 PM

GREAT!!! Another problem; anyone know why my image didn't post? I tried to host it from Photobucket but I don't know what happened. I used to post pics from my PB account in forums all the time. Now it seems I can't even do that right. It did used to be more simple to do as I recall.

EDITED TO ADD:

Well, At least I got the image posted; not full size in the thread like I'd like, you have to click on it to see it. Anyway, that's a screen shot of the message I get.

Edited by g3_ultra, 25 September 2010 - 07:28 PM.

#3 God Mode

God Mode

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

I may be wrong, but I've noticed that when something takes too long to do when I'm connected to the internet, I get a similar message, saying that my connection timed out.
So it may just be that it was taking too long or that your connection wasn't strong enough (again, I may be wrong, i'm sure someone else here would be able to correct me).

#4 g3_ultra

g3_ultra
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

Well, I finally got it updated. I don't really know what the problem was or exactly what I did to fix it, but I got it. I must've uninstalled and installed iTunes 20 times. I had all kind of problems, but finally I had to uninstall Quicktime and install it as a stand-alone separately from iTunes. Don't know what that had to do w/anything, but I was able to update it after that. Also had problems getting iTunes to recognize my iPod touch and got that problem solved too.

I'm about iTuned out!!!........Give me another beer!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users