Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nec 3540a & 3550a What's The Diff.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:36 AM

I finally decided to purchase a DVD/RW, and I went to Newegg to make my purchase and found that they have the 3540A and the 3550A for about the same price, a couple dollars difference, looking at the specs I didn't see any difference between the two, can anyone here tell me what the difference is?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:26 AM

Maybe this:

The ND-3550 takes advantage of an enhanced version of NEC's own AOPC technology (Active Optimum Power ontrol), which adjusts the laser effect in real time so as to achieve optimal readability. The ND-3550A is backwards compatible and writes on CD-R at a maximum speed of 48x.

or this?

NEC ND-3550A complies with the new RoHS-directive, meaning that all components are lead-free.

- just guessing. :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 02:17 AM

Thanks for the response Rimmer, the only other information that I was able to find in a short search was that the 3550A is a quicker burner, and the 3540A is a better reader. I'm just a little curious as to just what would prompt NEC to make a new model this close to the production on Blu ray/HD burners.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users