Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Task manager help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MystaShyft

MystaShyft

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:35 PM

I cant find any info on how to fix this problem. Somehow my task managers UI has changed. (pic incl)

I have tried right clicking,clicking on the menu bar,restarting pc and nothing seems to help.

I used to be able to see processes,performance info,etc.

Any advice on how to return to its former(regular) state is very much appreciated.

edit,, I found the answer.Double click on the border returns to normal view. :huh:

Please delete this post,as i cant.. Thank you.

Posted Image

Edited by MystaShyft, 25 September 2010 - 12:39 PM.

GA-MA790FXT-UD5P/Phenom II x4 965 BE/4x2GB DDR31333 G-Skill /2x Sapphire HD4870 1gb /Seagate Barracuda 640/500GB Sata 2 HDD's 3.0/ Corsair 850 TX PSU/BenQ 24" lcd/Windows 7 Pro/ /Antec DF-85 gamer case

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 benyahuda

benyahuda

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

What, it's just blank like that.

When I give my machine the old three fingered salute I get a screen similar to the welcome screen with the options to Lock This Computer, Switch User, Log Off, Change a Password, Task Manager, and Cancel. When I choose Task Manager I get a window much like yours with the exception that everything the old task manager gave me is listed and available.

I cannot get it to appear blank like it seems to be in your picture.

#3 benyahuda

benyahuda

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:50 PM

What, it's just blank like that.

When I give my machine the old three fingered salute I get a screen similar to the welcome screen with the options to Lock This Computer, Switch User, Log Off, Change a Password, Task Manager, and Cancel. When I choose Task Manager I get a window much like yours with the exception that everything the old task manager gave me is listed and available.

I cannot get it to appear blank like it seems to be in your picture. I seem to remember that the first time I needed it there was something odd about it but I cannot remember what it was. Try it again maybe. 'Cause after that first time it has appeared properly every time.

#4 MystaShyft

MystaShyft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:41 PM

I dont know how I did it the first time.

I can't seem to do it again.I just get the stripped down version. No tool bar.

At least i know what to do if it happens again.

I take it the 3 finger salute is Ctrl/Alt/Del?

I right click in a blank space on the task bar.

Edited by MystaShyft, 25 September 2010 - 01:45 PM.

GA-MA790FXT-UD5P/Phenom II x4 965 BE/4x2GB DDR31333 G-Skill /2x Sapphire HD4870 1gb /Seagate Barracuda 640/500GB Sata 2 HDD's 3.0/ Corsair 850 TX PSU/BenQ 24" lcd/Windows 7 Pro/ /Antec DF-85 gamer case

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

Doubleclick any where on the outside edges. And you issues will be gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users