Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access the intergoogle from main PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ponzio

Ponzio

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

I canít access the internet with any browser [IE8 or Firefox] on my main PC.

My other PCís/laptop on my home network are fine.

Iím only able to connect to my FiOS Actiontec router and I can ping all the connections but thatís it. Right now Iíve remote desktoped to my wifeís PC so I can post this.

What Iíve done so far to try to repair the problem from the Admin account:
Ran full virus scans with Microsoft Security Essentials, AVG & Malawarebytes Ė clean.
Ran various Winsock commands [netsh *]and rebooted after each, ran a XP file verification [ďsfc /scannowĒ - no repairs or failures], checked connection settings and restore defaults in the Advanced tab in IE8 and reloaded my Realtek drivers but the problem remains.

Iím at loss on what to do; my ISP is fine, I donít seem to be infected and I believe Iíve repaired any XP OS issues, if they ever existed at all. Please tell me Iíve missed something obvious.

At this point any ideas are welcome ... Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ponzio

Ponzio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 09:49 AM

Not that itís done any good before but I set a restore point from 2 days ago and still no web access. Iím tired [70 hour work week] and going to bed. Iíll tackle this after I get a couple of zzzzzís.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users