Hello, I believe they are malware and of the autorun type. Probably tranferred via USB to any machine it touched.
Lets' upload this file for a second opinion on what it actually is..
Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:How to see hidden files in Windows
Please click this link-->Jotti
When the jotti page has finished loading, click the Browse
button and navigate to the following file and click Submit
Please post back the results of the scan in your next post.
If Jotti is busy, try the same at Virustotal
If this is XP/Vista
Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe
by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.
- Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
- The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
- Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.
- Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
- Reboot your computer when done.