Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Can't Connect to Wireless Network.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 God Mode

God Mode

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:09 PM

A couple days ago, the internet went out and the only way to reset the router/modem (whichever one is used for wireless... im not overly smart when it comes to this kind of stuff... sorry) is for the people who live upstairs to reset it (I live in a house where the upstairs is set up and the downstairs is set up kind of like apartments... and the network is set up with the people upstairs since its family of the landlord). Anyway, it was reset today and the computer I'm using now has connected wirelessly just fine, and same deal with my iPod.
However, I can not get my laptop to connect.
The network appears in the list, and when I try to connect, it says, "Connection Unsuccessful." and when I click on the troubleshooter, it can't detect any problems.

I'm getting extremely annoyed and I'm not sure what to do.
I've tried restarting my computer and doing a system restore.

It would also be appreciated if you suggest something, you also tell me how to do it, this way I dont have to ask how and sit and wait for another reply haha.

Thanks for your help. (:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:38 AM

What Operating System are you using?

On your laptop, open Device Manager and see if there are any red x's or yellow flags next to your network adapter. Next, open a command prompt, Windows Key + R, type cmd and then type the following without the quotes and paste all the results back here, "ipconfig /all". Also check, open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Connection Tab and then the LAN Tab and in the window that opens make sure that all the check boxes are clear, if not clear them and close IE and re-open IE.

#3 God Mode

God Mode
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2010 - 08:08 PM

I use Windows 7.

Anyway, the issue has been resolved.
I just had to go into the network properties and re-enter the password.

Thanks though. (:
I'll write what you've suggested down for future use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users