Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Small Business Server 2003 Premium

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ThomasDG

ThomasDG

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 AM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

I have recently reinstalled SBS 2003 Premium for my small network. When I looked under users, there were already 27 people added under the active directory. Most of these people are in the Security Group. Can most of these be deleted or are they necessary for the system to run? I know that there is a maximum of 75 user son SBS 2003, I do not think I will ever hit that many, but would just like to keep the AD as clean as possible.

Thanks,
Thomas

Edited by hamluis, 24 September 2010 - 02:17 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Windows NT, 2000, 2003, etc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 04:09 PM

Unless you performed a recovery or migrated into an existing AD environment there should be no other users or groups besides the default security groups and system user accounts.
So are you saying that when you browse users through AD there are users in there like "john doe" ?

#3 ThomasDG

ThomasDG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:42 AM

No, they all appear to be the security group (domain local, global, universal), but there are more than 20 of them. Do all of these users need to stay?

#4 ThomasDG

ThomasDG
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:50 AM

I just did some reading and found that all of the things I was seeing were the groups.

#5 ice2921

ice2921

• Members
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:53 AM

Yes I think what you were seeing were the default groups. The best way to add users on an SBS server is throught the wizards as that's the way it was designed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users