Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows7 booting to black screen

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hoki

Hoki

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:17 AM

Ok i have a problem. my computer with windows 7 doesn't work. every time i start it , it loads windows a bit and then ends up to black screen and later it crashes to blue screen (disabled the auto restart after system error) , safe mode's doesn't work or either the system repair (it doesn't recognize the error), i tried to fix the error with the windows 7 cd and using the bootrec.exe command but it didn't work. and before you think that i haven't tried system restoration , i did and it didn't work. so im pretty much out of idea's and im asking for help from here. AND reinstalling whole windows7 is out of question, i have too many valuable files in the hard drive that i don't want to lose.

Thanks for help in advance. and this is first time this happened to me so i guess the game i installed yesterday is causing this but i cannot delete it since i cant get windows 7 on.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:08 PM

What game did you install and what is the BSOD Code?

Can you provide your system specs?

Edited by cryptodan, 24 September 2010 - 12:08 PM.

#3 Hoki

Hoki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:17 PM

i installed mafia 2 and i cant remember the bsod code but it had something about security failure or something. will check it later, and what you need for the system specs ?

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

RAM, CPU, Hard Drive, OS, Video Card, and Motherboard

#5 Hoki

Hoki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

4gb ddr3 1600mhz, samsung 1TB SpinPoint F3, windows7 64bit, ati radeon hd 5870 and asus p7p55d mobo.

and the bsod code is 0xc0000034

at the beginning there reads "stop c00002e3 security accounts manager initiliazation failed because of the following error: specific file not found (translated from finnish)

how about i add you in steam. im in laptop atm

Edited by Hoki, 24 September 2010 - 12:45 PM.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:47 PM

Here is some information:

739 0xC00002E3 Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error: %hs Error Status: 0x%x. Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into Safe Mode, check the event log for more detailed information. STATUS_SAM_INIT_FAILURE

Can you reboot in safe mode?

Hit F8 shortly after the BIOS Post Screen and hit Safe Mode

#7 Hoki

Hoki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

the safe mode doesnt work either , it loads and then just shuts down the PC.

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

Do you have the ability to back up your data onto another computer?

#9 Hoki

Hoki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:58 PM

there is other computer here but it doesnt really have space and i rather not install windows again :S , guess i try google again for some solution.

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

Do you have your Windows 7 CD? If so you can always try a system repair install.

#11 Hoki

Hoki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

already tried the system repair , it didnt work either for some reason. but guess i could try it again later

#12 Hoki

Hoki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:51 AM

new info : i was reading the system repair log and there read something like this (translating from Finnish): critical starting data D:/windows/system32/drivers/sfhlp02.sys is damaged.

repair function: repairing data
result: not succeeded. error code = 0x3712

this one pop's out twice in the log, everything else is just fine. so is there a way to fix that ? and note : my translation may not be the best but hope you understand it

Edited by Hoki, 25 September 2010 - 02:51 AM.

#13 TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift

• Banned Spammer
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:47 AM

are you already back up your data?? If you already back up your data, you can re-install or you can using windows 7 CD for make bootable your system.

#14 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:08 AM

new info : i was reading the system repair log and there read something like this (translating from Finnish): critical starting data D:/windows/system32/drivers/sfhlp02.sys is damaged.

repair function: repairing data
result: not succeeded. error code = 0x3712

this one pop's out twice in the log, everything else is just fine. so is there a way to fix that ? and note : my translation may not be the best but hope you understand it

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users