Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Simtim

Simtim

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:39 AM

Hello
I am such a novice. I have no idea what I am doing and I don't even know where I'm going to post my problem but I thought I'd start with the easy stuff and say hello.
I've tried to avoid computers most of my life and apart from playing on the playstation and sending emails I have done well to get to 35 and avoid most technology (my young children are enough of a challenge for me!).
Anyway the problem started 1 week ago and I've probably made it even worse using but lets see how long it takes for me to try and fix it.
Hopefully speak to some of you clever people soon.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Members
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:27 PM

Hi Simtim,

:thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.

If you have a computer issue, please feel free to post it, so we can help you. :flowers:
Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 Simtim

Simtim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:30 PM

Hi
Thank you for the warm welcome.
I posted my problem (google redirect) on the Am I infected What can I do board yesterday but so far I've had no takers. Can someone please guide me?
On a different note. I was really excited to log on today. Like I mentioned in my introduction. I don't really use computers (if I can help it) so its new (and exciting) to be part of this.
Irrespective of whether I get the computer working I have enjoyed looking through the boards and I dare say, I might just learn a few things (whether I remember them might be a different thing).

#4 thelittleduck

thelittleduck

• Members
  • 920 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:43 PM

Here is a thread on waiting time Simtim - Waiting Time Thread

#5 Simtim

Simtim
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2010 - 05:22 AM

Thank you.
The thread was really helpful. I'll sit and wait. I am new at this forum thing so it helps when experienced people point you in the right direction with helpful threads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users