Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanning documents then cut and paste text

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 willythecat

willythecat

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:41 AM

XP Home SP3 with HP deskjet All in one.
What l want to do is to scan "foreign" documents, and then cut and paste the text into something like google translate. No problems in scanning the document but then l get stuck as to what to do next.
Have been messing around with PSP but blowed if l can get it to cut and paste. Maybe it's the wrong program to use.
Are there any smaller (free?) programs out there that will do this, or am l going about it in the wrong way?
Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 willythecat

willythecat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:57 AM

Sorry, have just worked out where l was going wrong.
The HP was scanning ok, but the only output formats available were tif, bmp, pdf, and some other weird sounding name. After checking the HP help screen, l didn't have any OCR software installed so loaded this from the disk and it now scans directly into wordpad where l can then use cut and paste.
Sorry, should have made an effort to do this in the first place, but at least it may help others.
Regards

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:01 AM

deleted because you posted a resolution while I was composing my reply.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 24 September 2010 - 09:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users