Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Big Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dave963

Dave963

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:15 PM

hi guys

i have quite a major proble. for some reason, everytime i restart my computer. I lose all of my services and items from MSCONFIG's startup list.

I recently installed Peer Guardian 2 as my firewall as a friend reccomended it and said it didn't take up as much resources as zone Alarm. the installation went fine and it didn't say anything went wrong. so i then restarted my computer but only to find that my nice media centre edition theme had gone. so i logged on and went to servoces.msc to enable the themes service as i presumed that is what had went wrong. BUT then I discovred that all of my services were disabled.

any idea how this could have happened and why it could have happened?

any help will be gratefully recieved :thumbsup:

thanks a lot

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Dave963

Dave963
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:16 PM

this happens everytime i restart the PC

#3 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:34 PM

PeerGuardian is a powerful yet petite firewall application especially designed for P2P users and anyone else who wants to protect his or her computer from unauthorized searches instigated by private agencies and corporations.

PeerGuardian works by blocking and logging all TCP/IP connections to and from known IP ranges used by known P2P foes, such as the RIAA, MPAA, MediaForce, MediaDefender, BaySTP, Ranger, OverPeer, NetPD, and more.

To make sure that the block-list used to block malicious connections is up to date; PeerGuardian uses an on-line block-list Database that is continuously updated on a daily basis -- so your privacy will remain safe while swapping files.

PeerGuardian is compatible with all TCP/IP based file sharing applications, such as Kazaa, iMesh, LimeWire, eMule, Grokster, DC++, Shareaza, and more. In short, PeerGuardian is the must have tool for any file swapper.

So it's a firewall that lets in anyone on a P2P network? Great! :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users