Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD Driver Trouble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 morrjt

morrjt

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

Hello,
I have a HP Pavilion dv6 laptop running Windows 7 64 bit with an Intel i7 processor. The computer has an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 1 GB video card. The laptop is only three months old and sometimes when a video plays on the internet my computer crashes. Right before it crashes it says it has recovered from a "Display driver AMD Driver" crash but then quickly turns to a blue screen with a black border and resets the computer. I have recently updated my BIOS software and I believe I have the latest ATI drivers as well but I am not 100% sure. The crashes have occurred before and after the driver updates. Any help would be appreciated and let me know if any more information needs to be presented. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,731 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

IMO...the only thing that can crash a video...is a damaged codec or damaged program for viewing said video.

I've never believed in updating ATI drivers...when the ones that came with the card/chip work. Uninstall them, reinstall them.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users