Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

locked out of pc.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bk6151

bk6151

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:17 PM

A friend of mine was having all kinds of problems with his pc but he could not tell me exactly what he done just prior to the problems. I told him to try system restore and see if it helped. He restored the pc back about 2 months. The problem is that he changed his windows password a couple times since the selected restore point date and now he canít remember what it was. He punched in passwords for more than an hour to no avail. Can someone tell me how to change or delete the password so we can get back into the pc. I have power suite pro 2008 live cd. I have used it several times when people forget the password and it has always worked well, however for whatever reason it wonít work on this pc. It runs and tells me that the password has been reset but upon reboot it is the same. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:28 PM

The only thing we can do to assist you is the following:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321305

Since what you are asking for is against board rules, since it involves by passing security measures.

#3 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,704 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

Hello

Unfortunately, as cryptodan mentioned it is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to defeat existing copyright or security measures. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thank you for your understanding.

~Blade
Forum Moderator

Reference: BleepingComputer Board Rules

Edited by Blade Zephon, 23 September 2010 - 03:36 PM.

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users