Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Windows Online Scanner

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hermez

Hermez

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:05 PM

I was trying to remove my myspace account and this page came up telling me my computer is infected with several viruses.

The page displays like and open Windows file listing the My Documents and Shared Documents folders and the Hard Drive saying that there are 3 infections in the Shared Documents and 6 in the My Documents.

At the bottom of the page is a box displaying the infections. The box is titled "Your Computer is Infected" and is a brownish color. It has a scroll bar on the left and titled columns, left to right, Name, Type and Threat Level. The viruses listed are:

Trojan.Qoologic - Key Logger
Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Small.fxf
W95/Elkern F - Secure
Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Tibs.tc
Trojan Horse Generic11.OQJ
Trojan virtumonde
Win32/Hoax.Renos.HX
Magic DVD Ripper
Trojan Horse IRC/Backdoor.SdBot4.FRV

I don't know if My Windows Oline Scanner is legitimate, I don't recall ever using it. This just popped up while I was trying to remove my myspace account. The page is to download files and is blocked at the moment. My OS is Windows xp.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hermez

Hermez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 09 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

Thanks to all who viewed this. It seems to have been a rogue antivirus. I'm not having problems with this any longer.

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users