Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I Have Vx2?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 longshot92

longshot92

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:25 PM

i think i have this (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t34351.html) problem. ad-aware, spybot, microsoft anti-spyware, and bazooka have all found numerous problems, but failed to get rid of the redirection; i tried the "lm2fix" thing, but that didn't work either; i'm now in the process of going through some of the other recommended pre-post lines of defense, but i'm not too optimistic about any of them working at this point, so if anyone wants to save me the trouble and share an idea, i would be forever in your debt. the ads i'm being hijacked to are highly similar to the ones in the link above, so it seems i have something very specific.

thanks in advance!!

--tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:50 PM

:thumbsup: Welcome to Bleeping Computer, longshot92

This infection has become more difficult to remove lately. Everyones scenario is a little different , so I recommend that you do the following:

You could post a HiJackthis log in our HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum.
Before you do, please read and follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log.

Please be patient while a member of the HJT team has a chance to look at your log.

It may take several attempts until your log is clean.

Good-luck.

:flowers:

Edited by Joshuacat, 12 November 2005 - 06:53 PM.

JC

#3 Cherrycomp

Cherrycomp

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 14 November 2005 - 05:38 PM

If you have look2me infection Spysweeper gets rid of it.

Download the trial version of Spy Sweeper from Here

Install it using the Standard Install option. (You will be asked for your e-mail address, it is safe to give it. If you receive alerts from your firewall, allow all activities for Spy Sweeper)

You will be prompted to check for updated definitions, please do so.
(This may take several minutes)

Click on Options > Sweep Options and check Sweep all Folders on Selected drives. Check Local Disc C. Under What to Sweep, check every box.

Click on Sweep and allow it to fully scan your system.

When the sweep has finished, click Remove. Click Select All and then Next

From 'Results', select the Session Log tab. Click Save to File and save the log somewhere convenient.

Exit Spy Sweeper.

Restart your computer.

If you have a rootkit there as well SpySweeper may not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users