Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

virus link being sent out by my email to others, help...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cycle0919

cycle0919

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:45 AM

Hi... I'm on windows XP and just recently I was hit with a virus that is sending out a link to a random list of people from my contact list. The email contains a link and if the recipient of the email clicks on the link, they get a virus :thumbsup:

I am stumped.

I downloaded the last avast software and have run it and it always returns 0 infections.

I also ran SuperAntiSpyware and that came back with a bunch of stuff to clean up, which I did.

... but just last night as I was on the computer, I saw it happening with my very own eyes. The dang virus sends out an infected link via my email.

Can anyone help?

thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cycle0919

cycle0919
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

bumping...

#3 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

While waiting for an expert advisor to respond, you might want to try the following two things:

(1) Run SuperAntiSpyware again, but run it this time is Windows Safe mode, as that sometimes cleans up more than using in normal Windows mode (Please make sure you fully update SAS first, though), and

(2) Download, update & run Malwarebyets Antimalware. This is another free malware disnfector program.

By the way, what antivirus program are you using, and have you tried running a manual scan of your computer with it yet?

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

#4 cycle0919

cycle0919
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:55 PM

Thank you Torvald.

I will do what you say...but what is SAS?... thanks.

#5 Torvald

Torvald

• Members
  • 366 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:58 PM

Sorry.

SAS = SuperAntiSpyware.

Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users