Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer screen screwing up during scans/randomly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheGoobKid

TheGoobKid

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:35 AM

Hi, It's been a while since I last posted about a problem on this forum so hello again

I have an ASUS notebook with Windows Vista.

I've been having ongoing problems with my laptop lately. Sometimes when Im using the computer, the screen would just "screw up". The pixels seem to have shifted everywhere and the computer freezes and turns itself off when i touch the ON button (which usually puts it to Sleep mode). This same thing happens when I try to do a whole system scan. I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, which seems to work against trojans and stuff until i do a whole system scan and the computer would just crash. Is this a hardware problem? Since it seems its only the screen's fault for now.

I also have the pop up during start up which has this RunDLL error. I'll put up the screenshot later

And also I only have have these crashes when I'm on the net, eg Firefox or Chrome.

Thanks in advance. I think I still have about 2 weeks of warranty left on this so I should be able to fix any hardware problems

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 08:47 AM

Hi there even though you have KIS 2010 try running http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php scroll down page and click on Download Free Version ( Blue Button ). After downloading let it update then run full scan.

Edited by doinmeedin, 23 September 2010 - 08:48 AM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users