If you cannot get DDS to work, please try this instead.
Please download RSIT
by random/random and save it to your Desktop.Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding RSIT attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
- Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
- Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
- If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
- Read the disclaimer and click Continue.
- When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
- Another text file named info.txt will open minimized.
- Save the log files to your desktop and copy/paste the contents of log.txt by highlighting everthing and pressing Ctrl+C.
- After highlighting, right-click, choose Copy and then paste the contents into a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here.
- Copies of both log files are automatically saved in the C:\RSIT folder which the tool creates during the scan.
: Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable
to get DDS to run. If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.