Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quite The Nice Site Here!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sadiesue2

sadiesue2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:08 PM

I just signed up, landed here off of a link from the alt.freeware group, as best I can recall. I get so lost and distracted online these days.... Just turn my back on the rest of the world when I sit down at the comp. & as long as my back is to the rest of the house I forget it's actually there, lol.

Can't believe I haven't landed here before, actually.

I'd say I'm about intermediate to advanced in comp skills. got good common sense skills and am not afraid to try stuff with the machines & I've found that to be a good trait when it comes to working on computers (and a a not so good trait too at times, lol)

experience in past for my own opinion at least was that people were always so afraid they were going to break something just by touching a computer, don't know if that attitude has shifted much in general or not, don't get out much for some time now. Hopefully computers are more intrinsic (? would that be the word I'm searching for?) to our lives now and most have overcome that initial fear.

One question that is driving me nuts. What is the files database. It says that these are the files that are on your computer. Literally? Mine? Like in hidden files. Like I am infested and do not know it? I am diligent to the point of obsessive compulsive, however I am also very much in love/hate relationship with all these security programs: zone alarm - made me sooo mad more times than I can count. spy-bots tea timers, ms & lavasaofts adwatch- all doing things I don't understand in a way & what seems so like so quickly

well, it seems like it's even more out of my control with them on duty than off, I know that's contrary, but I don't have all the time to sit and learn all these and what they are doing. And I NEED to know.

but I do run the checks all the time, probably alot more often than most

Any way, thanks for the great site, sorry for the long intro, lol.

I'll be back, definitely, this place is terrific!

Sandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:27 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! sadiesue2.
Glad to have you aboard. To help with your question, the File Database is the database of all the files that could possibly end up on your computer, and as we find out what they do, we let you know if they are spyware or legitmate.

Good Luck,
yano

#3 DarkRaika

DarkRaika

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:56 PM

Well, welcome to Bleeping Computer. I haven't been on this site long myself, but I enjoy it nun the less. I like helping out here and giving advice in the irc channel that BC has. I am pretty experienced with computers but theres still plenty to learn. I tend to hang out in the irc channel alot so if you turn up there it would be great to meet you.

Edited by DarkRaika, 12 November 2005 - 01:56 PM.

31337 is a prime number .... 1337 is not .... go figure!

#4 sadiesue2

sadiesue2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 01:58 AM

so sorry for the long overdue thank you for answering my question, I take a while sometimes getting back to things, but I didn't forget about you guys!

This is too great of a site to forget about!

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 12 February 2006 - 02:07 AM

So you NEVER forget, just put our bookmark on the top!
And a very belated Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users