Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win7/MS Office 2000/MS Office and wab32.dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Fumunda

Fumunda

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:31 PM

Hi all,
I recently bought a nice new HP computer. Since I have MS Office 2000 and I hate to upgrade because my other computer has this on it (and I know how to use it all!), I installed MS Office 2000 on the new computer.

Problem I am having is that an error message comes up that says:

Unknown error Ox9EE4011D An error occured while attempting to open the windows address book. Unable to find the WAB DLL.

I am pretty sure this is because MS Outlook 2000 is not supported by Win 7.

I have tried a few things with no luck.

I navigated to [C:\Program Files\Common Files\System]
I found the files wab32.dll and wab32res.dll, copied these
and pasted them to [C:\Windows\System32]

Right now when I look in this file [C:\Windows\System32], I see:

wab32.dll
wab32res.dll
wab32res.dll.mui
WABSyncProvider.dll

When I open up Outlook, it wants me to set it up and enable macros each time I open it.
When I do this I get the error message above, then it will download all messages as it would normally.
Problem is, just can send out any email.

I can't unload and reload Outlook without having to unload the entire MS Office 2000 because there is no seperate program in the remove program que.

Somewhere it said to go to the run window and register the dll's by using the following command at the run prompt.
[regsvr32 wab32.dll]
Tried this, but it would not let me do it (or I didn't do it right.

I have seen many things related to this, but nothing specific to using win7 and outlook 2000 together.

Any help to get the outgoing part of the mail running would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:54 AM

You will need to get Office 2003 or later for Windows 7.

#3 Fumunda

Fumunda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:17 PM

I don't believe there is not a fix for this. I have read around on the internet in many places that there seems to be a fix, but just haven't located anything specific to win 7 yet.
Is this just you speaking as an individual or are you quite knowledgable with this particular problem?
Anyone elsoe out there willing to respond to confirm or deny?
Also, if I do happen to get a new of office can I just load this over the top of office 2000 or do I need to uninstall the previous version?
Thanks.

Edited by Fumunda, 25 September 2010 - 01:19 PM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:46 PM

It is always best to install a fresh copy, and I am quite knowledgeable with windows vista support for Office 2000 ceased to exist. If you had Office 2000 you either had to upgrade to 2003 or 2007. Windows 7 is based on Windows Vista so the support for Office 2K on Windows 7 still holds true. You can always try Windows XP Mode in Windows 7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users