Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Constant link hyjacks not repaired by normal means

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 denver280

denver280

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:53 PM

SOLVED!!! (FINGERS CROSSED)- problem below was solved by reading another post. Ran TDSSKiller and everything seems fine.

Windows XP Professional with all updates until two weeks ago. Since the issue arose I my autoupdates hang. I have Advast Antivirus and SuperAntiSpyware.
I believe it started about 2 weeks ago when a link was hyjacked and suddenly my computer was attempted to install "Security Tool." I immediately ran SuperAnti and it caught and deleted the malware (so I thought). After reboots I have an error that mndibdp.dll is missing. I was using chrome as a browser and started experiencing frequent crashes. I switched to Firefox and things did not get better. I started noticing occasional redirects when I would click links to webpages that appeared to be random pay for click search engines. Problem went from bad to worse. I run Avast and SuperAnti every time I start up the computer and also downloaded Malwarebytes for a third option. I have seen floods of Trojans even though I am surfing what should be benign sites. Even when everything is cleared off the computer I am getting more and more redirects to the point where I can't even use the internet. I have added the address of every site to my antispam sites on Advast, but the links keep changing. Now I am having issues where I can't log onto Yahoo Messenger for some reason. My computer is running at a high temp and my available memory plumeted with no signifigant software being installed. Based on my issues I downloaded hyjackthis and have a log I can post if appropriate.
Any advice would be appreciated. No computer illiterate but certainly not savey. Can follow basic steps.

Edited by denver280, 22 September 2010 - 10:02 PM.
Moved from XP ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:23 PM

Hello and welcome, I think it's safest to get a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users