Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Maplestory crashing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xCookx

xCookx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

Recently I have had some trouble with Maplestory crashing. This occurs before the game launches completely. First off, let me say that the website launch does not work for me and after my screen flashes black multiple times, I get an error message: "error code : -2005532292 (Unknown error 0x8876017C)". I use the game launcher located in Nexon > Maplestory > Gamelauncher.exe and this is what happens: My screen turns black multiple times and I return to my desktop. Sometimes (usually) I check my processes tab in Task Manager and Maplestory is still running, but when I delete that tab my screen flashes black, and goes back to desktop. Note that there is no MapleStory application running. Also note that this occured right after I downloaded iTunes, and I am running Windows 7 XP. I have tried: Checking my firewall, turning off my anti-virus, system restoring to before downloading iTunes, and redownloading/reinstalling MapleStory. Please ask me questions so we can find out whats wrong, thank you.

If it seems cheasy I sent this as a ticket to Nexon, but I'm hoping some other people have had this problem too.

This is like the 15th time I've posted this somewhere xD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheGoobKid

TheGoobKid

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:26 AM

Hi, I used to have the same problem when I played it. Apparently its due to some random bug with both the computer's connections and the game itself. I had the same messages (not sure if it was the exact same error code though). If its not too much of a bother, do a few scans for viruses, since Nexon told me the only way to fix it was to reinstall the game :thumbsup: . I only had it fixed when i formatted my computer and got rid of the viruses and redownloaded the game.

#3 xCookx

xCookx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:18 PM

I've redownloaded multiple times and I think it may have to do with iTunes (Quicktime maybe??) or my wireless connection. Thanks a lot for the info though, I sent a ticket to Nexon but who knows when I'll get that back lol.

Edit:
Edited to remove unnecessary quote. ~ tg

#4 Rewster

Rewster

• Members
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:48 PM

Yeah, you should talk with Nexon or ask for help on their forums, rather than here. I'm not very positive that you would be able to get too much help for a specific game from here, a forum about malware protection.

Anyways, browser Nexon's forums and look for a solution, or wait for their response.

Edit:

#5 BrainyTehBrain

BrainyTehBrain

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:12 AM

Nexon has the most horrible customer service ever. You won't be recieving much help from them. Try asking at basilmarket.com. There are more experienced users at a maplestory forum than at Nexon HQ.I doubt Quicktime could have an effect on it crashing. How much RAM does your computer have.

Edit:

#6 TheGoobKid

TheGoobKid

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 AM

Posted 26 September 2010 - 07:18 PM

THe RAM shouldnt be much of a problem if you can run iTunes. Nexon does have the horrible service which is no help when it comes to technical support. Maybe check your DirectX and Realtime to see what you can do.
And also (apparently) flashplayer has something to do with it as well...Im not sure what or why but go for it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users