Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 freezing after updates, etc.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 instacat

instacat

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

I have been having constant problems with Windows 7 freezing after updates. I have found 3 updates: K971033, K977074, and K980182 that could be potential problems, so I am avoiding installing these; but I use Webroot Internet Security and ever since their newest version, Webroot Internet Security Compete was released, the program absolutely will not install or run on my computer.
Webroot tech support is top-notch, they have tried numerous times to resolve this problem; however, the issue is still not resolved, so I have to use the older version of Webroot; which I have confidence in, but I wonder about the security of my computer, when at the same time, my computer is having these freezing issues that may or may not be related to Windows updates.
Webroot is going to do a remote tech support session with me tomorrow, September 23; but I am still trying to figure out if this is a Windows problem, or a problem with my Webroot software. I have nothing bad to say about their tech support; but they are seemingly baffled by this, and I am beyond fed up.
At this point, I have had to perform complete Windows 7 reinstalls too many times to count, at times as many as 3 in less than 24 hours.
Thanks for any advice, or other Windows updates to not install.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users