Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Microsoft Security Essentials Alert

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Brendan010

Brendan010

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

I have Microsoft Security Essentials Alert trojan, and I tried running rkill like the guide has suggested I dled it from this site onto a usb drive since the trojan disables the internet from being used, then I put the program onto the infected computer, but I don't know if rkill is working. It opens for 3 seconds then closes. After repeditly clicking it in an annoyed rage it now is staying open saying please be patient etc... etc... so is it supposed to close quickly like that? How can I be sure its working or not? It has been scanning the files or whatever you call it for about 40 minutes now can someone please tell me what to do?

Edited by Budapest, 22 September 2010 - 05:47 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

You might have to try all 5 of these RKill options, you will know when it's working
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Brendan010

Brendan010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

You might have to try all 5 of these RKill options, you will know when it's working

Is the point of all of this just to make it so that I can run mbam? Because if thats the case, I can run mbam.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

If the infection is active and blocking RKill, then it will be hiding from MBAM.

When RKill unloads the active part from running in memory, then MBAM can update and then kill off the critical parts of the infection that are being protected by the active portion of infection.
Chewy

#5 Brendan010

Brendan010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:30 PM

If the infection is active and blocking RKill, then it will be hiding from MBAM.

When RKill unloads the active part from running in memory, then MBAM can update and then kill off the critical parts of the infection that are being protected by the active portion of infection.

I tried updating my mbam with the manual update, now when I try to even open mbam an error message comes up saying please contact the creator with the error code of........... etc.

#6 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

Did you try the other links for the renamed RKill?
Chewy

#7 Brendan010

Brendan010
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:44 PM

Did you try the other links for the renamed RKill?

Those did the exact same thing as the rkill.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users