Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with not receiving an email

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 valley_girl1919

valley_girl1919

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

I am clueless as to what the problem is but the company I work for can not receive a certain encrypted email from another business. We receive other encrypted emails from the business just not this certain one. Every encrypted secure message they send uses the same mechanism, so I dont understand what could be the problem with this one. Here is some important info... When they try to email this certain message ,it never arrives to us and eventually they get a message back from MAILER-DAEMON stating " THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY **
** YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE **
The original message was received at Tue, 31 Aug 2010 13:17:03 -0500
from [10.132.254.134]
----- Transcript of session follows -----
451 4.4.1 timeout writing message to relay.fnbandt.com.: Resource temporarily unavailable
<valarie@fnbandt.com>... Deferred
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 1 day old "
Relay.fnbandt.com is our email scanner.
Also, I have been dealing with a guy from their company on this issue and he thinks it is on our end saying that maybe we are blocking it, but that can't be because it is not showing that it is being blocked in our SMTP log which means it isnt even getting to us. The guy I have been working with from the other company sent me an email stating that this is what he gets from his external workstation when pinging relay.fnbandt.com "
C:\>ping relay.fnbandt.com
Pinging relay.fnbandt.com [74.43.118.138] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 74.43.118.138: bytes=32 time=184ms TTL=48
Reply from 74.43.118.138: bytes=32 time=174ms TTL=48
Reply from 74.43.118.138: bytes=32 time=179ms TTL=48
Reply from 74.43.118.138: bytes=32 time=184ms TTL=48
Ping statistics for 74.43.118.138:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 174ms, Maximum = 184ms, Average = 180ms
C:\>nslookup
Default Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.1.1
> set type=mx
> fnbandt.com
Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.1.1
Non-authoritative answer:fnbandt.com MX preference = 10, mail exchanger = relay.fnbandt.com> "
This seems to be an issue on their end. Isnt it a rule of thumb that if it is not showing in our smtp log or even reaching our gateway that it is the other companies issue?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users