Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello-hello-hello-- I Seem To Have An Echo

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mobello

mobello

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:34 AM

Every application on my PC has an echo. It started about 2 months ago but I just thought it was a glitch with one sound, turned off windows sounds, and ignored it. I can't remember precisely when it started, but it seems to have grown. Now I realize that EVERY sound is echoing. It is like the sound card is all of a sudden set to a hall setting or something. It is very weird and very annoying. I regularly run Ad-Aware & Spybot, I also have ZoneAlarm and AVG.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

mo bello :thumbsup:
windows XP

Edited by mobello, 12 November 2005 - 11:36 AM.

Some people say, "Dance like no one is watching". I say that's a bad idea. We ARE watching, so spare us.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mobello

mobello
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:13 PM

I don't know that it matters but I have:

Compaq Presario Celeron 2.70GHz 760 RAM
Sound card Realtek AC'97 Audio

I am downloading this to see if it helps:

Realtek AC97 audio driver package a3.79

Applies to:
Realtek AC'97 audio controllers

Requirements
Windows 98/Me/2000/XP

File Size
17.8MB

we'll see

mo bello
Some people say, "Dance like no one is watching". I say that's a bad idea. We ARE watching, so spare us.

#3 mobello

mobello
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:27 PM

Okay well, that patch seemed to be the answer. I call this one...
solved.

Here's the link to the patch ...

http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97.html

mo bello

Thanks!

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:11 PM

Edit - you already got it fixed - :thumbsup:

Edited by Rimmer, 12 November 2005 - 07:13 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#5 cvgurau

cvgurau

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:29 AM

I have the same problem, in the same OS. :thumbsup:

I'm eager to see if your solution works.

edited to add: Weird. I have cable, but it's downloading at 4.16 KB/second. At this rate, it'll take close to an hour, instead of the minute it's supposed to. :flowers:

What's that all about?

Edited by cvgurau, 13 November 2005 - 04:13 AM.

#6 cvgurau

cvgurau

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:16 AM

Well, it took three tries and about three and a half hours (just over an hour for each try), but it worked, so it was worth it.

Groovy, baby. :thumbsup:

#7 pcnut

pcnut

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 13 November 2005 - 10:51 PM

This sounds like an issue that I experience on occasion. I have a Sound Blaster Live card and sometimes when I switch out of my game when I have TeamSpeak running, if someone speaks during the transition it starts the echo problem. Don't know why it does it, but it does. The easy solution that I have found is to just go into the Device manager and click to delete the card from my computer. I then hit refresh and it automatically reinstalls it. Then remember to go back in and adjust your microphone, input, speaker volume to your preference. Hope this helps in the future.

John

#8 mobello

mobello
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

Well, it took three tries and about three and a half hours (just over an hour for each try), but it worked, so it was worth it.

Groovy, baby. :thumbsup:

I have high speed connection too and it tooks daaaaaaaaaaaaays to download, or hours, or something. Anyway, WAY slower than one would expect.

But I'm glad it worked for you too! :flowers: :trumpet: :inlove: :cool:

mo bello

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users