Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Help And Tools

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bwm561

bwm561

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:20 AM

hi. My friend wanted me to do a system recovery on her computer. Her computer has the xp pro Os system on it. When i went to the start menu i could not find pc help and tools or anything else of that matter to do a system recovery. I even tried restarted the computer and hitting F10...nothing worked. Could anybody help me with this. Thanks :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:32 AM

Try F5 to boot straight to Safe Mode, or F8 to boot to the boot menu. Try to run System Restore from Safe Mode

Edited by acklan, 12 November 2005 - 11:33 AM.

"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 bwm561

bwm561
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2005 - 05:04 PM

Try F5 to boot straight to Safe Mode, or F8 to boot to the boot menu. Try to run System Restore from Safe Mode

I have already tried to run system restore in normal and safe mode. But still not system recovery at all. Anything else i might can do?

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:26 PM

System Recovery usually implies the use of manufacturers CDs to re-install the operating system and software so that you return the PC to the state it was in when purchased. This requires Recovery CDs which are supplied with the system. It is a feature of brand name computers, not available on other systems, it's not part of Windows XP (unless you're talking about 'Recovery Console').

Perhaps it would be better to explain what your friend wants to achieve?
:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users