Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista 32 premium not working

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kamill

kamill

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 AM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

hi all

i have been surching for about 2 days on what is wrong with my computer to no availl i have to yet find a forum stateing the same problems that my comp is haveing. lets start here this is the link to my computers specs that i have had for about 4yrs now.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...705&lang=de

i haven't upgraded or put any new parts in, so i am not thinking its a hardware problem....

as of monday i could not start my computer, it would do its normal thing untill after the windows loading screen, then it would go blank and never show the login screen, have no keyboard response, so i turn off the computer. start back up and try system recovery, everthing goes fine there it recovers and restarts, but widows load screen, then black blank screen again "this time i left it sitting like that for about an hr" and still no login screen..... but i can boot up in safe mode and also in safe mode with networking "which i am typeing this post in safe mode". only thing i can think of is there was i want to say 3 updates this past weekend... and i haven't installed anything new on my computer software wise in 6 months now... not sure what to do... i have gotten a blue screen on monday but i was only able to catch that a file clfs.sys was the cause of this bluse screen error after that i have been haveing all the problem as described in the above.... any help that can keep me from haveing to do a clean install, would be greatly taken and used.... thank you ahead of time

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

Have you tried performing a chkdsk /f and see if it repairs anything you can do this via the Command Prompt via Windows Vista Recovery console.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

Hi kamill, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Boot into Safe Mode and do a System Restore to a date prior to this problem.

If you need instructions for this, you can read them here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 kamill

kamill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:15 AM

i tried the system restore and its still not letting me boot up normaly.... i have also tried to run the chkdsk... not sure if i had to put the /f in there or not but i did both /f and /c and no errors came up.... thx for the welcome dc3... anyother options are welcomed

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,263 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

There is a partition on the hdd for doing a recovery. This may repair your operating system, but it will return the computer to the state it was in when it was sold. This means that there is a chance you will lose all of your data, photos, videos, and any non-Windows applications.

When you begin the recovery you will reach a point where you will be prompted to save your data. If you have an external hdd you can transfer your data to it.

HP has some very clear instructions for this procedure, you can read them here.

There is one other possibility, that would be to perform a repair installation using a installation CD for the specific version of XP that you have, Home or Pro. Since your computer has the recovery partition, no disk came with this computer, unless it is a recovery disk which isn't the same.

Edited by dc3, 23 September 2010 - 10:43 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 kamill

kamill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

well i don't have a external hhd but i do have a second hhd in the comp that is used for storage and i am starting to move files to there as i am typeing this.... hope this works, even if it does, i have a TON of updates to redo then... thx for the help

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,263 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

Did this computer has SP3 installed when you purchased it?

This now is very important. As of the middle of last July, Windows no longer support XP unless it has SP3. If you don't have it, I would make that my first download.

Keep us posted on your progress.

#8 kamill

kamill
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

yeah i have vista sp2 and all updates i don't have xp though....i am just going through and trying to back up anything importaint... thinking that i am just going to do a clean install unless you have any other ideas on how i can go about fixing this problem

Edited by kamill, 23 September 2010 - 02:56 PM.

#9 Direbane

Direbane

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

You didnt happen by chance to scan the machine for Malware did you ? just a thought.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users