Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem Connecting to internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 thebestrc

thebestrc

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:43 AM

Hi , My dad recently bought a new pc with Windows 7 x64 Home edition on it. However when he tries to get on the internet with his BT Voyager 105 modem it wasn't recognised by the pc. Later we found out that the bt voyager 105 modem isn't compatible with windows 7 so we bought a netgear dg834g v2 which supposedly was.

However when trying to connect to the internet using the netgear dg834g v2 it still won't connect. I've tried using the setup wizard with the netgear software but to no avail. I even tried logging onto the router using 192.168.0.1 to manually type in the settings but even then i get LCP down , Chap authentication failed. Can anyone help please?

PS - I've updated the firmware of the netgear modem to the latest version , we have AOL internet which is DSL therefore provided through the phoneline.

Edited by thebestrc, 22 September 2010 - 10:18 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elemaoh

Elemaoh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

Connecting Wired or Wireless?

#3 thebestrc

thebestrc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

Wired. The netgear dg834g v2 is connected to the pc via ethernet cable

Edited by thebestrc, 23 September 2010 - 03:15 AM.

#4 thebestrc

thebestrc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:13 PM

Problem solved. Double checked the settings on a laptop and changed the multiplexing method from VC to LLC based and that seemed to do the trick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users