Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sloooooow IE8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 warriorwitch

warriorwitch

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:28 AM

Hi! I hope I'm in the right place! Ever since I downloaded IE8 my 'puter has been driving me crazy! I tried changing some of the settings in the "internet options" as someone on the net suggested but it hasn't helped. (i.e. "disable font download") My games load ok as long as they don't have to access the net first, but I play "tournaments" online and it takes me well over five mins just to register for them!! Some of the tournies themselves don't take that long!! once i'm in however it moves right along. If I go directly to I E it takes FOREVER to open!! I'm about ready to tear my hair out in frustration!! CAN you help me plz? ty

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NicoDev

NicoDev

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:41 AM

Hello

Try with an other browser like Firefox, Opéra or Google Chrome, they are more fast than IE.

Bye

Nico

Edited by NicoDev, 20 October 2010 - 06:43 AM.

#3 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Although I do agree with NicoDev, if you want to use IE, we'll need more details.

What's your PC specs? By games are you talking computer games, or gaming systems(PS3, XB360, Wii, etc.)?

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:57 PM

"Sloooooow IE8. How do I make it faster?"

Short answer: you can't. :thumbsup:

As previously suggested, moving to another browser would be prudent. IE8 is archaic.

Firefox and Chrome are the two I usually recommend. :flowers:

As far as your specs goes, feel free to Publish a Snapshot using Speccy.

Edited by keyboardNinja, 23 October 2010 - 01:57 PM.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users