Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalware Doctor infection: Computer won't reboot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nj_devil_dog

nj_devil_dog

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 22 September 2010 - 12:35 AM

I was recently infected with the Antimalware Doctor virus. I attempted to remove the virus manually and was successful in the following steps:

From the Registry Editor I was able to locate and delete these values:

* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Antimalware Doctor Inc\Antimalware Doctor
* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Antimalware Doctor

I was unable to locate or delete this value:

* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Antimalware Doctor.exe

I was also unable to locate these files during a file search:

* enemies-names.txt
* Antimalware Doctor.exe

I downloaded and installed STOPzilla, I ran a scan of my computer with this software, and when prompted to, I rebooted my computer. The only problem is that my computer fails to reboot at all now. I've tried to reboot it in Safe Mode, in Safe Mode with Networking, et al, but the only thing that happens is the BOOT/BIOS startup window opens, then the Windows XP startup menu opens and then the computer just shuts down....

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users