Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have Problems With My Dvd-writer, Im Using Sony Dru 710a

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CASTIGLIANO

CASTIGLIANO

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:07 AM

After waiting for burning process in NERO to complete I decided to abort it because the progress bar is not moving anymore. After waiting for 30 minutes I decided to reset my PC. Then when i tried to burn again. It doesn't recognize CD anymore, it rejects cd's and it says to insert blank disk even if the CD is blank and new. It cant read cd's anymore except for DVD. I've tried checking the configution and IDE cable, uninstall and install NERO but still, no effect. I

please help me solve this problem. Does it have anything to do with firmware? or lens. I'm using a Pentium 4 2.53Gigaherts w/ 512mb ram. asus motherboard

TANX in advance!
I've read that this problem is likely the same as the former topic. Hope that he share me his solution to this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:07 AM

It appears more than a few people are having problems with the Sony DVD DRU-710A.

This link will show you that most have requested a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
from Sony. But there are two posts (#30 & #36) that talk about placing the unit as the secondary slave IDE device.

Can't read/write CD-Rs with Sony DVD DRU-710AMy Webpage

Or for a Sony RMA in USA call 1-800-588-3847

Edited by KoanYorel, 12 November 2005 - 07:12 AM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 CASTIGLIANO

CASTIGLIANO
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:33 PM

tanx! i'll try

hope it will work

i'm getting to conclusion that sony dvd burners are not recommended.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users