Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard And Mouse Frozen

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tracydr

tracydr

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:07 AM

My parents just called and they're keyboard and mouse are both non-functional. They have tried to shutdown several times and it has not worked. They asked if I could find a forum to ask for help since they can't use their computer. Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:39 AM

We will need alot more information from you............make/model of computer, make/model of keyboard and mouse and are they USB or PS2 ?, operating system, what was the last thing they done before this happened (IE: installed a new program, updated some software etc.) do they have security installed (antivirus, firewall, anti-spyware). Just give as much information as possible.

#3 tracydr

tracydr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:28 AM

We will need alot more information from you............make/model of computer, make/model of keyboard and mouse and are they USB or PS2 ?, operating system, what was the last thing they done before this happened (IE: installed a new program, updated some software etc.) do they have security installed (antivirus, firewall, anti-spyware). Just give as much information as possible.

OK, it's getting a little late but I'll call them tomorrow for information. I know that they didn't just install anything. They use security from their Cox internet server that includes spyware and antivirus. I'm not sure about the make and model of the keyboard/mouse and computer or operating system, will call first thing tomorrow and find out. Thanks!!

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:58 AM

If they just want to turn the thing off tell them to hold the power button in and count to '5'.
:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users