Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which program do I need?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 retsel25

retsel25

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hi there, I need some help on finding a business program/application for our business. My partner and myself are starting a business. My partner is a certified CPR/First Aid trainer and she has asked me to try to find a program where we can maintain a database of about 600 clients, and where we can also find out from the program who needs to be retrained, maybe like a reminder, because CPR/first aid certificates expire and some health professionals need to be re-certified annually. With such a program, we also need to do Accounts Payable and Account Receivable.

Any information and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Retirednow

Retirednow

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 01:49 AM

You can get Microsoft Office Access program or here is a site that has a list of programs both free and pay.
http://download.cnet.com/windows/database-software/

You are aware that any database program will come with a learning curve right?

#3 retsel25

retsel25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2010 - 10:55 AM

thank you responding. I went through access and I'm gonna look through these other programs. Lets see which one will suit our style of business. You said these are free, but which one's are paid programs?

#4 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:52 PM

For your AR and AP check into QuickBooks.
Its really good accounting software
Intuit makes it.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#5 CompExpert

CompExpert

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 AM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

There are all sorts of business programs!

OpenOffice:
http://tinyurl.com/3yz449b

Free

MS Office Pro:
http://tinyurl.com/2vhpqfu

60-day trial for all versions, 430 for Pro, 239 for Home and Business, 109 for Home and Student.
Pro is best for your needs. (It even makes a cup of tea for you! :flowers: (It doesn't really. :thumbsup:))
And more!

:trumpet: :inlove:

Edited by CompExpert, 25 September 2010 - 03:49 PM.

Keeping computers humming since 2010.

I'm back after a long long time! :D :D

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 25 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

Another thing to consider:

Call (or go in person) local ambulance companies. You could also check with a few home health agencies.

Ask them how they keep up with who needs to be re-certified. Do they use software for it? If they do, ask for the name of the program(s).

#7 retsel25

retsel25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:10 AM

Right on, :thumbsup: Thanks for all the information. The ambulance one was really good idea, but the other one's were also really good. Thank You Again!! :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users