Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iexplore.exe virus is ruining my life

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SatelliteBeach

SatelliteBeach

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

With my laptop, I had processes called iexplore.exe and iexplorer.exe. iexplore.exe ate up all of my CPU usage, I started getting weird popups and eventually it got so that as soon as I log onto my machine (Windows XP) it immediately logs me off. My laptop still isn't fixed and I was recently given a desktop to use and it is already infected also. I am ready to give up on PC's completely and go to a Mac. You shouldn't have to be a system administrator to use a computer and keep it running. I have read online and tried everything. One guy said to download SuperAntispyware, SpyBot, and CCleaner, open the computer in Safe Mode, run both scans and then run the CCleaner and I should be good. Tried it and this thing is still there. If anyone has any advice, I would love to hear it because I haven't had any luck fixing this on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ezyHolt

ezyHolt

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:06 PM

Hey, I have the same problem. Right now im doing a Norman Malware Cleaner scan and it seemed to pick up and remove some files that neither malwarebytes or avast could. Im not sure if these are the worst ones though, but ill write back as soon as I know more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users