Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

unable to maximize windows

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 eyesilver

eyesilver

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

good day, i have a newly installed linux version 10.04 on my laptop and I started to tweak and customizing the look of my pc.
I installed a new theme "slickness black" under GTK 2.x got from GNOME-look.org and after customizing it i minimized the open browser to add some panels on the other side of the screen but i noticed that the open browsers are not on the panel, they are all gone but still running,, i tried some shortcut key to open it again and nothing happen.
i also notice error message telling me that the themes were not properly working due to GTK. something like that. please give feedback..

thanx..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Incoming

Incoming

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:48 PM

You probably need to install the GTK 2.0 Theme engine, it can be found here. Also, if you hit alt + tab (switches windows), do the Windows open? Was that the shortcut you tried?

Go to the panel and right click > add to panel. Add this if it isn't there:

Window Selector
Window List

If either of the two is already there (you can tell after it adds, there will be two), please tell me, :thumbsup:

Do tell if it works as well :flowers:

#3 eyesilver

eyesilver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:12 PM

i tried to toggle these keys , using alt+F1 to F12 , ctrt+tab, alt+tab, ctrl+shift+tab, ctrl+shift+d, it's still unresponsive..even if i add a new panel on the buttom nothing changes, i cant view the minimized windows, i dont know where it is,, i think something is missing after installing the themes or due to setting up the emerald customization.

#4 Incoming

Incoming

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:23 PM

Have you installed from the link I gave you above? :thumbsup:

Has this happened more than once? Or is it only this one time?

#5 eyesilver

eyesilver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:55 AM

it happens yesterday only when i installed a new theme, i will just reinstall ubuntu again later.

thanx bro. :thumbsup:

#6 Incoming

Incoming

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:10 PM

Try installing the engine that I posted.

The computer you're using may have had some type of mis-interaction with the theme due to being behind on the engine, causing an error which made your browser hide. I don't think it's worth the re-install, as it's likely you'll have the same problem.

#7 eyesilver

eyesilver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:08 AM

thnx... i manage it now... but another thing happens today,, i added a window list on a panel but now everytime i open a window it comes two on the panel.. it should be single window. how can i delete the other window...??? any idea pls.. im navigating the same window at the same time..

Edited by eyesilver, 24 September 2010 - 05:14 AM.

#8 eyesilver

eyesilver
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:37 AM

file:///home/eyesilver/Desktop/Screenshot1.png check this out....

#9 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 AM

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

You need to upload that image to http://www.imageshack.us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users