Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to know how many sub-folders within a folder

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rikki

rikki

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:15 PM

:thumbsup: I have a feeling I'm about to be embarrassed but I have to ask anyway.
I am a personnel recruiter and, as such, have a large number of resumes within the Resume Folder. Actually, each candidate has his/her own folder within the Resume folder. I need to compare the number of Resumes within the Resume folder to the database of skills. It was easy in Outlook 1997 but I'm stumped in Outlook 2007 running WinXP.

All I want is the number of folders within the Resume Folders. I can get total files easily enough.

Edited by hamluis, 20 September 2010 - 02:32 PM.
Moved from XP forum to Business Applications ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Sounds to me like any database would give you great flexibility...a job for MS Access, IMO.

I don't get the connection between Outlook...and a database folder in a Human Resources type of function. Sounds to me like the wrong tool for anything other than email/contacts.

But...to attempt to answer your questions...if there is a contact established for every person submitting a resume...simply see how many are listed in your Contacts database/listing.

Or...some file management tool like WinDirStat...I don't know.

Louis

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:47 PM

If you use Explorer and right click on a folder then go to properties it will show you the amount of files and folders.
Is that what you were asking?
In the beginning there was the command line.

#4 rikki

rikki
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

If you use Explorer and right click on a folder then go to properties it will show you the amount of files and folders.
Is that what you were asking?

Yes, and I am so red in the face.

Now, how do I find out how many entries in my Outlook/Contacts/Candidates folder? The number should be the same as in my Resume folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users