Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer saying limited or no connectivity

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 owenkkkk

owenkkkk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:11 AM

Hi Guys.

http://forums.windowsforum.org/index.php?

showtopic=cse
gia

I have a HP Compact S5200UK Tower which I have just rebuilt as it is needing to be introduced to a peer to peer

network of 6 computers at work.
I have loaded Windows XP onto this unit and now would like to update the computer via windows update in

preparation for this.
After going to the HP website I found the original drivers and installed what I believed to be the correct network

driver "NVidia nForce MCP Neworking Controller". I now find that I cant get onto the internet and that I get the

message "this computer has limited or no connectivity which could effect your connection to other computers on the

Network or with the ability to get on the net".
The computer does not seem to be able to generate a proper IP address and seems to be given a 162 number which is

a random temp number when your computer cannot connect to the DHCP Host. I have tried to ping other computers and

I cant. I have pinged my Network card and got a reply which indicates that it is ok, and I have also checked in

device manager and there does not seem to be any issues.
I have also been on the phone to ISP for numerous hours all to no avail as their is not a problem with their

connection as I have a lap-top connecting via wireless which also works fine when I plug in the Ethernet. Am now

running out of ideas?????

DBow

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

Try the winsock XP rpair tool from here
In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users