Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Restart In Ms-dos Mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 parmenter

parmenter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:04 PM

[font=Comic Sans Ms][size=3]

Hello everyone.....I'm having a problem with file Msvcrt.dll the steps to fix the problem according to Microsoft is to do several steps then restart in Ms-dos mode and then continue the last several steps,but it wont restart when i click on it in the shutdown the screen goes black and it just sits there. I can,t fix my first problem until i fix this. Any help in getting my PC to ms-dos mode would be appreciated...I have win98....Thank you!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:11 PM

:thumbsup: to BC parmenter,

While the system is booting keep tapping the F8 key till a menu comes up. There should be an option there to boot in MSDOS mode.

btw you might want to check out the New User Orientation forum, there are some tutorials on using the BBcode for fonts, etc. there.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 DarkRaika

DarkRaika

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:52 AM

I think from memory tapping the F5 key will take you straight to DOS. Try that.

31337 is a prime number .... 1337 is not .... go figure!

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 AM

Posted 12 November 2005 - 09:38 AM

F5 will take you straight to the standard Safe Mode screen.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users