Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loosing Memory at a fast rate

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 japresnell

japresnell

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:15 AM

Running Windows Vista 32-bit OS on my Dell Laptop and for the past 6 + months I have been having an issue loosing hard-drive space. The numbers have been moving from 13 GB free to less than 1 GB free. I have been running several different malware and spyware programs as well as internal windows programs to find the problem. Issues have come up, but the programs cannot wipe out the issue.

My frustration level has finally boiled over and need real help from the professionals to solve this issue.

Thank you for your help,

japresnell

Edited by japresnell, 20 September 2010 - 10:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

Hi :huh:.

I think you mean hard drive space, not memory...if so, then take a look at the two programs before (which allow a user to see what is taking up space on a given partition/drive).

TreeSize Pro Trial - http://www.jam-software.com/treesize/

WinDirStat - http://download.cnet.com/WinDirStat/3000-2...4-10614593.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users