Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GMAIL NOT BEING RECEIVED (BUT IN SENT ITEMS)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mishdog

mishdog

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:36 AM

HI,

If anyone can help me out here it would be so appreciated.

Basically I have always used gmail and it has been fine, but now I have discovered that some very important emails have not been getting received which I cant belive. So stressed out! One person who informed me that she received nothing, I asked her to check her spam folder and she said nothing is there.

Any ideas? I have hunted the web and there seems to be no solution. Some site says to check if I am blacklisted, I checked on one site and about 3 of the 40 or so results said I was, but none of this means anything to me.

Would you suggest just switching email provider? Cos I cant have this go on any longer, need to know each emailis received.

Like I said, they all show up as normal in sent folder, just dont end up with receipient!!

THANKS FOR ANY HELP!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mishdog

mishdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:39 AM

eh I had 2 replies to this but now they have suddenly vanished?!

#3 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

The free email providers(such as gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, etc.) are frequently blacklisted by some servers since they send so many spam messages. If you're running a business that demands a good/reliable email provider, all you can really do is buy a dedicated server(or dedicated IP) from a hosting company, and then it'd only be you on that IP, eliminating the spam messages being sent.

Another thing if your email address(not gmail as a whole) got blacklisted, you may have been infected and your gmail user/pass was sent to some hacker. Then they started spamming people from inside your account.

Changing "free" providers will probably fix it for now, but the problem will probably come up again later.

Edited by NpaMA, 20 September 2010 - 02:39 PM.

#4 mishdog

mishdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 03:39 PM

The free email providers(such as gmail, hotmail, yahoo, aol, etc.) are frequently blacklisted by some servers since they send so many spam messages. If you're running a business that demands a good/reliable email provider, all you can really do is buy a dedicated server(or dedicated IP) from a hosting company, and then it'd only be you on that IP, eliminating the spam messages being sent.

Another thing if your email address(not gmail as a whole) got blacklisted, you may have been infected and your gmail user/pass was sent to some hacker. Then they started spamming people from inside your account.

Changing "free" providers will probably fix it for now, but the problem will probably come up again later.

thanks for the reply. ok, so realistically there is nothing I can do to find out for definite if my gmail got sent to a hacker? I literally take every safety measure I know, use a good AV, use mozilla with no script, use 20bit passwords etc etc so strange this has randomly happened. I thought with gmail being so popular it shoud be ok.

I dont run a business but am currently job hunting and I missed an opportunity to arrange an interview because the guy didnt receive my email!

if you were me would you just switch email provider?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users