Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Security Tool

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Juliema

Juliema

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:21 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and really green when it comes to dealing with getting nasty junk off of my computer so bear with me.

I'm trying to work through the tutorial on removing Security Suite from my computer found [post="http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-suite"]HERE[/post].

The first step it gives is to sign in to your computer in safe mode with networking. When I select safe mode with networking, it gives me the blue screen of death, tells me my computer had a fatal error and resets the computer bringing me back to the prompt to select a safe mode again. I can't get it to actually load up in safe mode? Any tips to get this to work? Is it the security suite malware that's keeping me from being able to sign in?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hello see if you can use SafeBootKeyRepair.exe first.

Let us see if we can get Safe mode to run.

Please download and run SafeBootKeyRepair.exe.

Once it has completed, please try booting into Safe Mode.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Juliema

Juliema
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:23 PM

Thank you SO much for responding. I was working on putting a log together. I'll try downloading this and see if it helps. Stand by.

#4 Juliema

Juliema
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:42 PM

Alright, I downloaded and ran the program and now f8 no longer works.

I get an error message saying 0210 stuck key 42 press F1 to setup. :thumbsup:

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

Too much!!.. Is this XP or Vista?
Please run System File Checker sfc /scannow... For more information on this tool see How To Use Sfc.exe To Repair System Files

NOTE for Vista users..The command needs to be run from an elevated Command Prompt.
Click Start, type cmd into the Start/Search box,
right-click cmd.exe in the list above and select 'Run as Administrator'

You will need your operating system CD handy.

Open Windows Task Manager....by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

Then click File.. then New Task(Run)

In the box that opens type sfc /scannow ......There is a space between c and /

Click OK
Let it run and insert the XP CD when asked
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Juliema

Juliema
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:53 PM

thanks! I'm giving it a try now. I'm on XP btw. :thumbsup:

#7 Juliema

Juliema
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:07 PM

alright, I read through that link, and have a quick question. I don't have my orginal cd (XP was already installed when the computer was shipped) and I'm show 24 different i386 folders. How do I know which one to use? There's one that's highlighted in blue. Is that the correct file?

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:18 PM

Hello again, After some research ,,There should only be one folder for i386.

Would you post a screenshot of the folders.
Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

Edited by boopme, 21 September 2010 - 03:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users