Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Port 3180 gets 'injected' in website URL for dynamic pages

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 just2izy

just2izy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

Hi.

I am trying to find out if I am infected by malware or it is an ISP (or DNS or similar) issue.

When I type a url into my browser, if the url does not go to a static page, port 3180 gets included in the URL. What I mean is that if for example i type:

www.example.com/start.html or www.example.com/start.html or the homepage of the website goes to a static page then no problem occurs.

However if the site does some dynamic redirection to determine or load the page I want, it attempts to find the content on port 3180. Eg. Wordpress site; www.example.com/wp-admin becomes www.example.com:3180/wp-admin. Here is an example for mozilla.com, which for them happens on the homepage. Most other sites (picasa,wordpress) it occurs when I try to get to a page, I need to be redirected to.

Browser Error

I have scanned my system using Norton 360 and also MBAM which said there are no infected items on my computer? I have also done an online scan of my ports uisng 'auditmypc.com' and my ports are clean (No I did not have to download any activex or plugins from auditmypc.). A quick scan of my firewall logs for Norton also show no suspicious behaviour to me.

Does anyone know of any malware with this behaviour I could look into further and confirm if that has infected my system? I do not have any problem with google or bing trying to direct me to 'bogus' websites when I do a query or any popup ads or notices.

Is there a way to find out if it is rather a traffic or connection issue (ISP or DNS issues) or malware?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users