Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DavidWN

DavidWN

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:18 AM

Hi. I'm a 59-year-old guy who tunes bit buckets in America's Third World County (think deep in the Missouri Ozarks) for individuals and for small companies who don't have an IT guy on staff. I'm not infallible, and I don't know everything, but I've not failed to solve or find solutions for folks' problems on DOS/Windows and Linux computers for the years I've been doing this. Often, if it's a problem I've not seen before, I've found solutions in forums like this one. Good resource. In fact, I'm here to learn, hoping to read up on issues folks are experiencing before I actually run into them personally. *heh* I may, occasionally, even have something worthwhile to contribute. Maybe. :-)

I started my "affair" with computers rather late--21 years ago--with a late-model TRS-80, and have found a way to make my "addiction" pay. Right now, my household has eight computers of various vintages, running five different OSes, plus another five virtual machines running mostly some flavor of Linux or BSD. All the VMs are running on one of two Windows 7 computers--an Asus notebook and a desktop built around the core of an HP Media Center PC. Most of the rest of the computers are pieced together from parts, including a Linux-based firewall/router residing in an old server.

Other interests outside computers: music (no, not most contemporary faux music), both instrumental and choral, with some solo/small group vocal. I play, or have played (sold off most of my instruments) various instruments, mostly wind with my favs being brass, and I have directed choral and instrumental groups. I read a lot. My average is down to only about five books a week, now, as other interests have grown. I like building/making things, particularly woodworking, and doing "handyman" stuff around the house. I do my own auto repairs. OBD-II diagnostics have made a lot of that easier (nice segue back to computers, too :-)).

Married 32 years (on a 50-year contract *heh*) and loving it.

There. That's more than most people know about me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

DavidWN that is a lot of information but that's good. :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users