Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MizduhRio

MizduhRio

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:08 PM

I recently got this new laptop and had to install some software onto it to be able to have some websites work.

YouTube, a favorite site of mine that I go on a lot required Flash for me to even be able to view any videos and so I installed it.

But on some other websites like: omegle(video chat) and animeseason (with their flash video players) didn't work for me. Veoh, which is a similar to that of YouTube, doesn't work for me either. When I click play on a Veoh player, it takes a while to try and load and then it says that Adobe Flash Player crashed.

:thumbsup: And now I'm on Stickam. It lets me use my webcam but it won't access my mic even though it's working perfectly fine. I tried to go to Adobe Flash Player Settings, and move the little thing up at the Record Volume tab but it wouldn't like...SAVE where I moved it to. Then I went to the Local Storage tab to try and give it permission to store information from the site onto my computer but it wouldn't save that either. Like, the little marker doesn't stay where I move it to after I click close. :flowers:

This problem has been going on for a while now and I've tried everything I can to fix it. It's limiting my access to certain sites.

I've already tried uninstalling Flash and reinstalling it but the problem keeps on happening.
The problem comes back no matter what browser I use.
I'm currently using Firefox.
Adobe Flash Player crashes a lot for no reason at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:23 AM

Try uninstalling using the Flash uninstall tool at this link and then reinstall.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

#3 MizduhRio

MizduhRio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:52 AM

Well I did what you said and then I reinstalled the Flash player. I tried to go on animeseason.com and play a video with a Veoh video player but then my browser froze for a bit and then it said that Adobe Flash Player had crashed.

Here's a screen shot of my browser window and the crash message:

Posted Image

Edited by MizduhRio, 20 September 2010 - 09:53 AM.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:25 PM

I thought Veoh went out of business. For that reason, I wouldn't use their player as it's probably looking for an old version of Flash. The only desktop player I use these days is VLC. It will play anything.

http://www.videolan.org/

#5 MizduhRio

MizduhRio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:04 AM

Isn't that like a software video player? I want to be able to watch movies on other players that require Flash but for some reason it crashes. :< That doesn't solve my problem.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:01 PM

All video players are software including Veoh.

#7 MizduhRio

MizduhRio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:19 PM

But I'm talking about the video players on websites that you don't have to install, like YouTube. Visit their page, click on a video and it'll load and play for you. You wouldn't have to install anything.

I can load YouTube videos but I can't load any other videos on any other players that require the Flash plugin.

#8 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

If you're talking about online video, you should try something other than Veoh because they closed. Daily Motion is good for example. There are tons of sites out there.

http://www.dailymotion.com/

#9 MizduhRio

MizduhRio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:43 AM

I'm sorry, there must be some miscommunication here. I'm just trying to fix this problem with my Flash.

#10 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:54 AM

It's not a Flash problem. It's a Veoh problem. They went out of business. There's no solution.

#11 MizduhRio

MizduhRio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:07 PM

But it's not only the Veoh player that isn't working.

Web cam sites that I usually go on don't work either. They just don't load at all but it loads perfectly fine on everyone else's computers or laptops. And you need Flash to be able to work these sites.

#12 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

What sites are you talking about? Post links. To date, you have only mentioned Veoh.

#13 MizduhRio

MizduhRio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:21 PM

Well, when I try going on a site like "omegle.com" and click on "Video," it's brings me to a page where there's a webcam screen on the bottom and the top of the right side of the site. I see the boxes where my webcam and the other person's webcam is supposed to be but the page will not fully load. I've tried Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera, and FireFox. They all have the same problem where the page doesn't fully load and it doesn't access my webcam.

Posted Image

On "stickam.com," I can enter the chat rooms and display my webcam but it won't access my mic. I've tried everything but it just won't access it. There's a box where I can move the little marker up so that people can hear my webcam but when I move it all the way to the right so that the volume is max and close out, it shows that people can't hear my mic, still. I open the box back up (Adobe Flash Player Settings), I see that the marker was at it's original spot. It won't save where I move the marker at all.

Posted Image

I have been having certain problems with certain sites ever since I got this computer. Flash seems to be able to work for other web sites fine, like You Tube, but for many others, either they will not fully load or something pops up regarding my Flash.

Edited by MizduhRio, 02 October 2010 - 11:29 PM.

#14 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:31 PM

If Flash is working on Youtube, then your problem is likely with those particular websites. I don't know enough about those kind of sites. I've never used them. But you might want to try and contact them directly.

#15 MizduhRio

MizduhRio
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:20 PM

Okay, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users