Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Get an ip but cant ping out or browse windows XP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GOGGIN

GOGGIN

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:16 PM

Im trying to get a laptop to connect the the internet but i cant seem to browse online or ping out. i have run a combofix, a mbam scan, and a dr. web scan and it comes up clean. i get an ip addresse but i can not ping out. i checked the IE settings and get an ip automaticlly is enabled. the machine is running norton A.V. i have traid running winsock xp fix also to no avail. uninstalling and reinstalling updated drivers. i get packets sent and recieved undder the properties of the adapter. if anyone can help that would be great.

Edited by hamluis, 21 September 2010 - 06:45 AM.
Moved from XP forum to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 away

away

• Banned
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2010 - 10:05 PM

Open the command prompt and type the following: ipconfig /flushdns

: Flushes and resets the contents of the DNS client resolver cache. During DNS troubleshooting, you can use this procedure to discard negative cache entries from the cache, as well as any other entries that have been added dynamically.

Let me know how it goes.If my instruction are not clear enough take a look at THIS :thumbsup:

If the abovedoesnt work, then try this:

Cut and paste this to Notepad and save as Flush.bat,to you desk top then double click it:

echo off

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /renew

netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh int ip reset reset.log

netsh winsock reset

pause

Edited by away, 19 September 2010 - 10:45 PM.

#3 GOGGIN

GOGGIN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

sorry no go still not able to get online. its a really weird problem. thanks for the help tho let me know if you have any other ideas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users