Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanner Questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rlight

rlight

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

Hi,

I have a old scanner Agfa Snapscan 1212. It worked fine on my old HP, but I could never get it to work on my Dell. I have a new laptop, can the scan program be upgraded to work in Windows 7?

rlight

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:32 AM

I can send you in the general direction:

http://www.silverfast.com/scanner-software/

http://www.hamrick.com/

You can look around there. I don't know of any free software out there that will work. If it is a generic TWAIN scanner I think there are freeware options out there, I have no experience with them though. I have used Vuescan with an older Epson when I moved to Vista64 awhile back and it worked fine. Main thing is you have to verify that the sodtware supports your scanner.

As old as that scanner is, it may be time to upgrade. You can find scanners for the price of Vuescan.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 rlight

rlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:17 AM

Thank you for the information. You may be right, that it is time to upgrade.

rlight

#4 thrillhouse

thrillhouse

• Members
  • 1,040 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:59 AM

you could set up xp mode in windows 7 and use that to run your scanner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users