Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot install Windows - CD/DVD driver 'missing'.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gravyola

Gravyola

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:31 AM

Good afternoon all,

Well, every once in a while Ive had to do a full Windows re-install due to a boot failure. To my recent resolution I accidently deleted the wrong partition (I had Vista co-siding with Ubuntu) and Im not quite sure what it did, but I know its done something to my machine. Ive tried settling with Ubuntu but its not working out for me at all, its essential I get back to Windows for my essential computing, only, when Im trying to install Windows Vista, Im prompted about a 'missing' driver; 'A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the Windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step'. Ive never had this error on installation before and Ive tried to search on the internet for the error, but I cant seem to find a resolution. Also referring to any possible drivers on Acer's website, I have found none for a CD/DVD drive.

General specs:

Acer Aspire M1640.
1GB RAM.
360GB hard-drive.
Windows Vista Home Premium.

Big thankyou in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:44 PM

Try here: http://www.vistax64.com/vista-installation...er-missing.html

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users