Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can not log onto website using IE, have to use Firefox

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soimcrazy

soimcrazy

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:24 AM

I belong to a forum website, have been there for a couple of years. I use 3 different computers to access the website. The site recently upgraded from one forum software to another (from wowbb to ubb). Now I'm unable to log on. When I attempt to log on using IE I just get sent back to the login screen. I downloaded firefox and have no problems with that. This is a problem on all 3 computers.

I tried to delete my browsing history, thats really about all i've done.

Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:33 AM

I would go to that web site and ask for help. You are probably not the only one having that problem.

#3 soimcrazy

soimcrazy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

I would go to that web site and ask for help. You are probably not the only one having that problem.

there are some others that are having that problem, but everyone is scratching their heads. Even the heads at ubb don't know why.

its like something carried over from wowbb and is keeping us from logging on. But its only happening on PCs that were used to access the site before the upgrade, and only on IE.

#4 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:37 AM

Try clearing your cookies/cache in IE. Also see if they're doing any redirects(ex: site.com to www.site.com/index.php or www.site.com/) this could cause the problem.

Edited by NpaMA, 20 September 2010 - 12:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users